After saying another (hopefully our last) sad goodbye to Dave at the airport this morning, I flew back to Khon Kaen. I would like to write more on our Phuket vacation, but right now I want to focus on the new building across the street. I noticed that a new building was going up several weeks ago. I started fantasizing about what kind of building it would be. Here’s a list of what I came up with:
1) A Taco Bell. I would LOVE a taco. I would probably eat there every day!
2) A movie theater (it would have to be a very small one) that plays movies with English soundtracks
3) An air-conditioned gym. My apartment has a workout room, but it’s so hot!
4) A hip little coffee shop with current issues of news magazines in English
5) An English-language book store. The nearest one I know of right now is in Bangkok. Of course, I don’t need any more books because Dad recently sent me a box full of them! Still, I like to go to book stores.
5) A Pizza Company. Daniel and I go to the one downtown fairly often. It would be nice to just walk across the street.
6) A really good Phad Thai restaurant that has a menu in English
7) A restaurant that serves American breakfasts. I got used to having omelets every morning in Phuket!
8) A 7/11-type mini-mart. It would be so convenient.
9) A mediterranean restaurant
10) A massage parlor. I like massages, but I never think to get them. I think I’d get massages much more often if I could just walk across the street to the massage parlor.
I’ve been daydreaming about this new building for weeks. Of course, I suspected that the building would be a bar and not a Taco Bell, but I still felt really disappointed when I saw the completed building today and found out that it is definately a bar. It’s scheduled to open on Monday, October 9th.